When I talk to prospective customers about what pains them most about their skin it's clear we are all looking for SKIN CONFIDENCE. Smooth and soothed skin, a reduction in fine lines and wrinkles, a youthful glow.
Well it's a few months on now since I launched my latest formula, The Super Natural Oil with 2% Bakuchiol which I developed to give those who love to wear an oil during the day a potent skin treat that would work to deliver results fast.
Here's Ciara's skin after 2 weeks of daily application. Brighter with diminished lines and a more even skin tone.
"I’m obsessed with this oil! It genuinely works - the fine lines around my eyes have reduced, and my skin is so healthy and plump. It’s given me such a gorgeous glow I’ve stopped wearing foundation.“
Like Ciara it is fast becoming a Skin Elixir favourite with customers.
As the active ingredient is Bakuchiol (pronounced buh-koo-chee-all) science tells us that this super potent plant alternative to retinol can be applied during the day unlike retinol which is not always tolerated because in some it can make the skin more sensitive to light. This is because retinol stimulates cell renewal which in turn produces new skin cells - the new skin is thinner and more delicate and can cause photodamage. Retinol is without doubt a powerhouse skincare ingredient, however for those with sensitive skin, it is unlikely to be tolerated without causing signs of irritation namely redness, peeling and itching skin. Bakuchiol is a safer more tolerated plant alternative that delivers according to studies better results.
In a study of 50 women with photo-ageing skin in their late 40s published in the British Journal of Dermatology, comparing Bakuchiol (used twice daily 0.5% dilution) with retinol (used nightly) showed that both retinol and Bakuchiol show effects on photo ageing in clinical tests. Retinol is not a photo stable product which means it is advised to be worn at night unlike Bakuchiol. In the same study participants after 12 weeks saw a 20% reduction in wrinkle severity, 59% showed improvement in hyperpigmentation (skin redness and colouring) at week 12 compared with 44% of those in the retinol group. For those in the retinol study however there was reports of scaling and stinging. Researchers concluded that 'Bakuchiol is comparable with retinol in its ability to improve photo-ageing and is better tolerated than retinol. Bakuchiol is promising as a more tolerable alternative to retinol.'
" I L🤎VE Skin Elixir Super Natural day oil. My skin was beginning to look tied and a little dull and after just two weeks of using The Super Natural day oil my skin looked brighter, firmer and more youthful. Having a baby has meant that I require a fuss free skin care regime because I don’t have much time to myself and this little beauty allows me to care for my skin simply and effortlessly. Thank you Shona for creating such a wonderful product. You clever clogs! Sara".
In light of it being World Vegan Month I thought it would be good to look at 5 reasons skin loves Bakuchiol, not least because its vegan and cruelty free.
1. As a result of its anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory effects this ingredient makes it great for acne and blemish prone skin the retinoid-like action means it helps unclog pores.
2. It's a safe ingredient, all natural, gentle, non-irritating, and suitable for all skin types. Safe for use during pregnancy and breastfeeding. What Mum to be doesn't want to hear that! So gentle it can be used twice a day.
3. It boosts skin's collagen production reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. "Bakuchiol, a retinol-like functional compound revealed by gene expression profiling and clinically proven to have anti aging effects." (Source:pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov)
4. Addresses photodamage, fading sun spots and evening skin tone
5. Can be tolerated by those with most sensitive skin including psoriasis and eczema
Grab it here and get the glow for yourself.
🌿The Skin Elixir blog is in the top 20 UK Skin Care Blogs. https://blog.feedspot.com/uk_skin_care_blogs/